Woodcore allows you manually post financial transactions and activities from a customer's account to a journal entry. This process involves transferring the records of financial transactions from the customer's account directly to the general ledger.
Add manual account to journal entries:
- Navigate to Accounting > Account To Journal Entry section of the console.
- On the Account To Journal Entry page, fill in the required fields.
Note: Fields with asterisk (*) are required.
- Office - This is the associated office from the drop-down list.
- Currency - Select the currency to be used in the journal entry.
- Customer Name/ID: Enter a customer’s name or ID. Once you start typing the customer’s name, the system will recommend customers with similar names.
- Savings Account: A list of all the savings accounts held by customers within your organization will be displayed.
- Operation Type: Select the operation type for the transaction includes Credit or Debit. It is important to note that if Credit is selected, the required GL will be Debit entry and vice versa.
You can add multiple customer accounts at the same time. This enables you to add as many customer accounts as required for the journal entry in a single action. By clicking on the "Add Account" button.
- Credit/Debit: Select the affected GL account.
- Amount: Amount - Enter the amount to be debited or credited to the GL account.
- Next, Reference Number - Add the reference number of the Affected GL Entry.
- Transaction Date - Enter the transaction date for the Account to Journal Entry.
- Description: Enter a description.
You can also log multiple manual entries consecutively by clicking on the "Add Credit/Debit Details" button, enabling you to add as many entries as needed.
Once these details have been filled in, click on the Submit button. A summary of the transaction will be displayed.
Reverse a transaction entry by clicking on the blue Reverse button at the top-right corner.
You are required to fill in a comment on the reason for the reversal. Note that the comment field is mandatory.
Updated about 2 months ago