As earlier stated, a customer is an end user who has an account(s) in your organization and utilizes your financial products. For customers to exist on the CBA, they must first be created, and Woodcore allows you to create an unlimited number of customers on the console.
In this section, we will guide you through the steps for creating a new customer or client on the console.
Let's dive in!
To create a customer, follow the steps below:
- On the console, navigate to Business > Clients section.
If you already have existing customers, the page will display the existing customers in your organization. However, a blank dashboard will be displayed where there is no existing customer.
- Click on the +New Client button on the top right of the page as shown below:
Fields marked with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
- The customer creation form has five sections. Ensure you fill out all the necessary details in these sections:
- Office: Select the office branch where the customer will be created. Refer to the Offices for more information.
- Staff: Select a user within the organization to whom the customer’s account will be assigned.
- Legal Form: Select the customer type. A customer can be created as a Person
or an Entity. In this section, we will create a Person (individual) client. An Entity client will be created in the next section.
- Name: Enter the customer’s first, middle, and last name.
The middle name field is optional.
- Date Of Birth: Enter the customer’s date of birth.
- Gender: Select the customer’s gender.
- Email: Enter the customer’s email address.
- Country code: We have provided a wide range of country codes. Select the correct country code of your customer. This will enable you to identify and sort out customers based on their country code.
- Mobile Number: Enter the customer’s mobile number. Ensure the first digit of the mobile number is removed when adding the mobile number. For example, if the mobile number is 08177330174, remove the first digit and add the number as follows: 8177330174. This will ensure the mobile number is routed to the correct country and recipient.
- External id(optional): The external ID is a unique identifier assigned to a customer, account, or transaction where the customer’s data exists on a previous system.
- Tier Level: Tiers are the set withdrawal and cumulative limits. The tiers must be setup before the customer creation. See the Tier section for more details.
- Is staff: Check this button if the customer you intend to create is also staff in your organization.
- Submitted On: Enter the date of customer account creation.
- Active: Check the box to activate the customer's account.
A customer's account can be activated on a different date from the date the customer was created. This means that a customer's account may exist but remain inactive until it is eventually activated.
Enter the customers required contact address information
(Optional) As a final step, you can upload the customer's image and signature.
Once these documents have been successfully uploaded, click on Submit button. A new client will be automatically added to your customer dashboard.
An entity customer is an organization or a corporate body using your product. Creating an entity client is similar to creating an individual client. However, the entity customer creation form contains an entity information section.
Follow the steps above to create an entity client.
- On the legal form in the first modal, select Entity
- Next, enter the information in the subsequent sections. These fields are similar to the individual client creation form discussed above.
Refer to the API documentation to create customers programmatically.
Updated 7 months ago